Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The Rapture





CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE



Creative Commons License


Okay, nobody gets it but me. I knew that before I drew it, but the darned thing just kept insisting on being drawn. Any time I started something else, this one shouted until I couldn't think straight. So here's what it's about- crazy creationists think humans and dinosaurs lived together, at the same time, and even that Noah took them on his Ark. So how did they die out? Well, if we stick with their story there's a solution, but not one they'll like. What if the Rapture ALREADY came, and we're the ones "Left Behind"? Not exactly the story the way they tell it, but it fits the mythology perfectly.

I know, too many jokes for one cartoon. I told you it didn't work. At least now I can get on with some new stuff.



Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You really do need to have tee shirts made. I'd buy them for myself, family and friends. :)

10:03 AM  
Blogger dhonig said...

That's delightfully kind of you, fierce-rabbit. It is actually available at Hypnocrites- The Store. The button link is on the right. Mugs and cards, too.

10:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, I got it right away! One of the best I've ever seen!

=ROFLMAO= I can't =gasp= stand it!!!!!! =choke= Someone get me =wheeze= some oxygen!!!!!!1!!

p.s. I'm a lifelong Baptist. Not all us Christians believe that creationist $#!+ (!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

10:10 AM  
Blogger AtomicWarBaby said...

Wow, I'm a little late to the party, it's "Twilight in America", EARLY Insomniac Morning before this Tuesday's Primaries, & your Cartoon was the WHIPPED CREAM on my SUNDAE of Life!

I laughed heartily, & was "WOWED" to find a Cartoonist who is not ONLY funny, but is also a REALLY GOOD ARTIST!

I'd buy one of your 'Creationist Dinosaur" T-Shirts -- but I'd have to HIDE it, & make sure my DAUGHTER- in - Law never saw it, because she is a firm, unwavering believer in "CREATION", even took my 4 yr. old Granddaughter to that CREATION MUSEUM, geez!

Myself, I'm veering off the cliff, decided that a "TEMPLE OF STAR TREK" or a new EARTH GODDESS religion would be a terrific idea!

A TEMPLE OF STAR TREK, or TEMPLE OF PLANET EARTH religion would emphasize that "We all live on a Yellow Submarine", i.e. we ALL live on PLANET EARTH, it's the only damn planet we got, & we had better damn well TAKE CARE OF IT!

Cause "none of us are gettin' out of here ALIVE", as the saying goes!

So: DR. SPOCK for PRESIDENT of Planet Earth.

So: The "Dalai Lama" as Planet Earth's Spiritual Leader, Guru, Pastor, whatever!

1:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home